Saturday, November 8, 2008

Yard Work

I really like having a neat yard with many different plants. I love the flowers and the color they add. I hate yard work.

We did yard work most of the day. We did a lot of pruning and I really don't like that and weeding junk out of the flower beds. What we did sure looks nice.

I hope the folks at Lowe's never learn how to water plants because I love checking out their sale rack. I bought seven Encore Azaleas which are normally about $13 each for $1 each. That is a pretty serious discount and when I got them home and watered them they perked up and knew they were loved.

I have adopted a lot of their orphans and they appreciate it so much they just do better than the full price plants.

1 comment:

sunset pines farm said...

Don-now why do you go sharing the biggest gardening secret out there-Lowe's lack of plant watering skills??? I am like you-I love to "rescue" starved and thirsty plants and bring them back to life. Most of the roses in my garden were adopted as sickly mangled sticks, and have now turned to beautiful flowering bushes, most of them are covered in blooms into early December.

Conner's Trophy and Medal

Conner's Trophy and Medal
We were league co-champions and the medal was for his first ever home run. It was a three run homer. I helped coach.

Cole's First Graduation

Cole's First Graduation

Jason's First Birthday

Jason's First Birthday
He already likes horses.

Peanut Butter, Creamy or Crunchy