Saturday, July 26, 2008

Hot Pepper Jelly

Cheryl and I made hot pepper jelly today. It is made purely from Habanero and Caribbean Reds (the red version of the Habanero). It has the most beautiful color, a rich amber/orange. We made three batches which yielded a total of 24 half pint's of the most delicious jelly known to mankind. Cheryl says it is hot, really-really hot! I had the dregs from the pot and it was delicious.

For supper I had a ham and cheddar sandwich with sliced tomato and pepper jelly as the condiment on the bread. It was one of those perfect, to die for sandwiches. It was home baked ham and a home grown tomato.


By the way, You can buy the jelly for $25 per jar. I cut all the peppers and stir it as it cooks and so I can tell you my time is worth that. Frankly, the jelly is too.

No comments:

Conner's Trophy and Medal

Conner's Trophy and Medal
We were league co-champions and the medal was for his first ever home run. It was a three run homer. I helped coach.

Cole's First Graduation

Cole's First Graduation

Jason's First Birthday

Jason's First Birthday
He already likes horses.

Peanut Butter, Creamy or Crunchy