Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Great Day

I was a bad boy today but had the opportunity to play golf at the invitation of Randy Griggs, my counterpart from Alabama and his son, Scott. Bart could go so we left his house about 7:30 to go to Veteran's Park at Cordele. It was Sunday and normally I would have been in Sunday School and Church but I seldom get the opportunity to bond with Bart and I crave every opportunity because he has grown to be quite a man.

It rained a bit but God must not have been too offended because he didn't ever soak us and gave me one of if not the best first nine's I have ever had. What was way more exciting is that Bart had his best round ever and I was there to witness it. It was his first time breaking 80. He shot a 78. I would just love to break 100 but that could not have made me as delighted as when Bart told me his score. He has a natural swing and if he played more than once or twice a year he would be an absolutely awesome golfer.

I have always been amazed by him in any sport because he is a natural athlete. I am so uncoordinated that for me it is all play. For him it is all finesse. It is art!

I sure wish I had more opportunity to do things with Bart but I guess our schedules just don't permit that right now.

No comments:

Conner's Trophy and Medal

Conner's Trophy and Medal
We were league co-champions and the medal was for his first ever home run. It was a three run homer. I helped coach.

Cole's First Graduation

Cole's First Graduation

Jason's First Birthday

Jason's First Birthday
He already likes horses.

Peanut Butter, Creamy or Crunchy