Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Concerned Over my Mother

Last Sunday morning I had breakfast with my Mom and Dad before I left the Grand Hotel to continue my journey. At breakfast Daddy asked Momma if they had told me that Dick had died (Dick is one of Daddy's cousins by marriage)? We had that discussion and then finished breakfast and went up to my room to get my luggage. Mama asked me if they had told me that Dick died? I assured her that we had just had that discussion at breakfast. When we got to my car and were hugging goodbye Daddy told me that Mama appeared to be in the early stages of Alzheimer's. I had seen some of that the previous visit with them. Also, Sarah had mentioned it as well after their visit there at Christmas. I called Henry and asked him to talk to them and try to get her checked out so that if she is in the early stages they can start her on treatment. He said he hadn't really noticed but would go talk to them and try to get her to go get herself checked out. It is hard watching your parents age like this. I am also concerned that if their house is still as it was and not with Daddy on it as Joint Tenant with Right of Survivorship there could be real problems if something happens to Mama first in that event.

No comments:

Conner's Trophy and Medal

Conner's Trophy and Medal
We were league co-champions and the medal was for his first ever home run. It was a three run homer. I helped coach.

Cole's First Graduation

Cole's First Graduation

Jason's First Birthday

Jason's First Birthday
He already likes horses.

Peanut Butter, Creamy or Crunchy