Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Was Today Monday?

I know it is Tuesday but today sure seemed like a Monday for everything that happened.


Not just that it was Brad's birthday and he isn't here with us. The sad events of car trouble in Atlanta yesterday spilled over in to today. The guy from Atlanta Dodge called and said we need a new radiator, thermostat, and gaskets and to have the system flushed and new coolant put in. He said by the way it needs new front brakes. Hmmm, those don't have much more than 10,000 miles on them right now. Just to fix the cooling system was going to be 1479, that is almost $1500 if you wonder what it meant. He just told me 1479 like it was a bargain. I had told him not to turn a bolt until he called me when I dropped it off yesterday.


He may think I look like a sucker but he looked like a crook to me, he being Atlanta Dodge. I called the local Dodge dealer and for genuine parts in his service department it was $650 plus tax. I rented a car hauler and lined up Bart's one ton diesel truck and then called a local repair shop we use that does radiator work. I told him I wasn't sure it was a radiator but could be just a hose but if it was a radiator how much will it be and he told me for a new radiator with a limited lifetime warranty it would be $360. I am leaving at 3:30 in the morning to take the rental car back and get our car and bring it back here. Who's the sucker now? I am paying Atlanta Dodge the $98 I owe them including the towing and they won't have that business tomorrow.


These are the flowers Jason and Erika sent Cheryl for Brad's 33rd birthday today. They are so beautiful.

No comments:

Conner's Trophy and Medal

Conner's Trophy and Medal
We were league co-champions and the medal was for his first ever home run. It was a three run homer. I helped coach.

Cole's First Graduation

Cole's First Graduation

Jason's First Birthday

Jason's First Birthday
He already likes horses.

Peanut Butter, Creamy or Crunchy