Friday, June 13, 2008

Yard Work

I started the day by taking Roscoe to the vet. He seems to me to be losing weight and acting lethargic. He about ate Dr. Branch and me up when Doc tried to get a stool sample to check for worms. Never got enough to check so he wormed Roscoe and gave him a B-12 shot and told me he really looked fine and maybe it was the heat.

I am not sure if anyone realizes this but I hate to do yard work. It is even worse to do the lake house because no one will ever go with me and I would love to get on the boat and ride for a bit after I finish but the boat is too hard to uncover and cover by myself.

I got my yard cut and trimmed at the lake and the new plants watered. My gladiolas should be in full bloom while I am gone next week and can't go enjoy them. I will be gone for a week straight starting Thursday of next week. I will be in Atlanta, Washington, Point Clear, AL, and Fernandina Beach, FL. Did I mention by chance that I hate to travel?

I like the 40 miles to the lake but no further. I wish I had a friend that liked to go to the lake so it was easier to take the boat out. I like a nice leisurely ride and stopping to swim. The water is so refreshing this time of the year.

On Memorial Day I was telling John about Judy Branch stepping on an arrowhead and lo and behold he stepped on one about three minutes after we got in the water at Loren Williams Park.

I got back home this afternoon and it took me two hours just to trim the Nandinas. Did I mention that I hate yard work. I got a blister from the pruners. I am getting soft in my old age.

More pruning and yard work for the whole day tomorrow.

I will take a bit of a break and help Erika hang blinds at her house. We had supper with Jason and her tonight and they are both so sweet.

No comments:

Conner's Trophy and Medal

Conner's Trophy and Medal
We were league co-champions and the medal was for his first ever home run. It was a three run homer. I helped coach.

Cole's First Graduation

Cole's First Graduation

Jason's First Birthday

Jason's First Birthday
He already likes horses.

Peanut Butter, Creamy or Crunchy