Friday, June 13, 2008

Tim Russert

America lost a great political analyst today.

Tim Russert had a heart attack and died at the age of 58.

Russert was NBC's Washington Bureau Chief and the moderator of Meet the Press. He was one of, if not the best political analyst in America. He was a devout Catholic, a family man of character, and a committed and dedicated professional.

Tim Russert was part of my learning what the term Generation Gap means. Once when Cheryl and I had taken Bart and Kip to Washington as part of their Christmas present we went to a nice restaurant called the Palm. While dining Kip exclaimed, "that's Matt Dillon." The Palm has caricatures on the walls of all the celebs that have dined there and immediately I start looking on the wall for Marshall Dillon. I didn't see him and asked and discovered it was an actor named Matt Dillon and he was right at the table beside us. I was all over 'who is Matt Dillon' and they told me. A few minutes later Tim Russert walked by our table and I got excited and exclaimed,"that's Tim Russert." They said who?

God got a good man in heaven today.

No comments:

Conner's Trophy and Medal

Conner's Trophy and Medal
We were league co-champions and the medal was for his first ever home run. It was a three run homer. I helped coach.

Cole's First Graduation

Cole's First Graduation

Jason's First Birthday

Jason's First Birthday
He already likes horses.

Peanut Butter, Creamy or Crunchy