Sunday, June 8, 2008

Family Night Tonight

Tonight we celebrated John's birthday, Brad's birthday, and father's day and even gave Bart his birthday present. We had a nice family gathering. Next to Salvation, family is God's greatest gift to us. We had all three grandsons and also, John's daughter Kendra came. She and John need each other a whole lot but they just haven't figured that out yet.

Bart and Kip stay busy all the time and I cherish what time we do have with them. I really hope they can come to the lake for the 4th of July weekend but frankly, they are so busy I almost hate to ask. Bart is a hard working and successful business man and I am so proud of him. I hope I had some part in shaping his being. Kip is bright and beautiful and such a sweet mother to two of my grandsons, Conner and Cole. And, those boys: I never tire of their company. They are really good boys even if they are boys. They are different and yet Cole wants to be so much like his big brother.

Erika and Jason were the first here and she is so sweet. Jason is a perfect little boy. He always has been. He is eating real food and loves it. Tonight he had his first real squash and said mmmm. Erika liked the Broasted Potatoes that are my most recent recipe. They are easy. Wash and scrape the potatoes and then spray an iron skillet and spray the potatoes with the butter version of the cooking spray. Sprinkle then with creole seasoning and a bit of olive oil and bake them at 350 for at least an hour and more if you desire. They crust on the outside and are tender and moist inside.

I also grilled Conecuh sausage and ham steaks. I shucked corn for creamed corn and Cheryl cut it off. The potatoes were dug by Robert and me today. He brought the corn and squash and green beans. It was a home grown and very fresh supper.

I love family time. Here are some pictures to share with you:








Jason loves real food and I guess Conner must have eaten too much ham because he sure is hamming it up.









I have three wonderful and lovable grandsons. They are being silly but I don't mind silly. They are growing up too fast as it is. Conner helped set our table for the first time. He put the glasses in place.








Here is John's daughter Kendra with Conner and Cole. She is a pretty 14 year old but sometimes needs to be reminded of it. She is smart like her Daddy. I hope she will use it. Growing up in our society is difficult today. I can't imagine what Conner, Cole, and Jason will face.












Cole was all about posing and being in front of the camera. Peace Out! Bart deserves him.






John is like a big teddy bear with kids.













Cheryl loves her boys.

No comments:

Conner's Trophy and Medal

Conner's Trophy and Medal
We were league co-champions and the medal was for his first ever home run. It was a three run homer. I helped coach.

Cole's First Graduation

Cole's First Graduation

Jason's First Birthday

Jason's First Birthday
He already likes horses.

Peanut Butter, Creamy or Crunchy