Saturday, June 14, 2008

Man I'm Tired

For a guy that hates yard work, I worked really hard today. I pruned fifty foot row of Susanquas pretty radically with hand pruners. That took about three hours. I trimmed some more Nandinas. The trash men will love me. I edged the flower beds and driveway and curb. Mowed the grass and ran my weed eater. I blew off the driveway. I raked the straw off the roof of the house, fixed some nails that were pushing up some shingles, sawed off some pine limbs that were hanging over the roof, picked what few blueberries the birds haven't robbed from the bushes (they sure are good with peaches on my cereal I am eating now), and went to Erika's and hung blinds, except that I had to find something to use for shims on the mounting bracket for the door so I will get that one tomorrow after Church.

Our yard looks nice if I do say so myself. I hate yard work because it has no reward and has to be done over and over again. It is hard work at times. I told Cheryl if anyone ever wants to hire her yard man tell them they cannot afford him. Still, at the end of the project you can see the result of your toil for a short moment before the squirrels throw down a pine cone or the wind and rain knock down leaves and limbs. But now it is finally raining so I will not fuss about rain.

We had Jason around most of the day. He is so cute and I love the noises he makes. He laughs, when he eats he says mmmmm, he jabbers, says words that Cheryl and Erika can understand better than I, and doesn't cry too often. He even helped me with the blinds.

They also had the four dogs with them. Let's just say that at times things got pretty active.

Her blinds were a really good selection for her house. They look perfect and they are really nice blinds. They hang really easy on the inside of the windows, especially because her house has good wood surfaces around the windows.

Well I have had my cereal, studied my Sunday School lesson and now am ready to take a shower (the second today) and crash and burn.

I may try to take a day off this week because starting Thursday I will not have a day off again until the Friday of the next week. If I don't do that it will be two weeks straight. I am getting too old to handle that schedule anymore. After today I sure feel my age.

No comments:

Conner's Trophy and Medal

Conner's Trophy and Medal
We were league co-champions and the medal was for his first ever home run. It was a three run homer. I helped coach.

Cole's First Graduation

Cole's First Graduation

Jason's First Birthday

Jason's First Birthday
He already likes horses.

Peanut Butter, Creamy or Crunchy