Wednesday, June 4, 2008

What a Day

I borrowed Bart's truck and pulled a car hauler to Atlanta with a Nissan Murano on it to take to the rental car company, and then to haul Cheryl's car home. On the way up I noticed a bit of what I thought to be unusual vibration, sort of like a universal joint was going bad. Still, I hadn't heard the classic pinging when you put the vehicle in gear. I left home at 4:30 and by 9:30 had the car loaded and was on my return trip home. I hate Atlanta traffic. I called Cheryl and told her that I was on my way and that the truck sort of seemed like it needed a U joint. Well the vibration seemed to be present at all times at this point and when I got just below Atlanta to McDonough which is the home of the Snapper lawn mower I got off and found a parts place. The folks working there couldn't tell me where a good place was to get a vehicle fixed but the guy trying to buy parts told me a shop that was both reputable and reasonable and it was about a fourth of a mile to get there. I went and asked it they had a mechanic that would crawl under the truck and survey the situation with me. It is a Dodge 3500 with a Cummings diesel engine so it has good clearance to crawl under. The mechanic slipped under and when he put his hand on the drive shaft I saw too much movement and he agreed that it would likely not make the 160 mile trip to Tifton. Two and a half hours later I pulled out of their parking lot ready to roll again. They fixed it for $67.71 which is a phenomenal price. If you are ever in McDonough and need something fixed go to McDonough Tire Company.

By the way if you haven't bought any diesel fuel lately it costs about $175 to fill up a Dodge 3500 Ram with diesel fuel. By the way did I mention that the diesel engine was invented by a man named Diesel and he ran his first engines on peanut oil?

No comments:

Conner's Trophy and Medal

Conner's Trophy and Medal
We were league co-champions and the medal was for his first ever home run. It was a three run homer. I helped coach.

Cole's First Graduation

Cole's First Graduation

Jason's First Birthday

Jason's First Birthday
He already likes horses.

Peanut Butter, Creamy or Crunchy